Full Stack Developer
At Rekki, we build a circular economy service for people looking for an easy way to buy and sell their second hand clothes. Our team is now looking to add new talent to our roster.
Do you love building and working on improving software systems, tracking down slow queries and annihilating them? Is your day incomplete if you haven’t figured out and forged an innovative solution to a problem? Would you enjoy building integrations with external systems and leveraging frameworks and technologies such as Django, React and Elasticsearch.
What we focus on?
- Customer delight – everything we do is focused on the needs of the customers we serve.
- Giant impact – you will directly impact the workflows that run our entire eCommerce business.
- Agility – we are quick to react when we see something that needs improvement. We aim to get faster by learning from every task, every sprint, and every project.
- Culture – we place a high value on our mission, our values, and our team members.
You’ll enjoy working with us if you like:
- Tracking down bugs or slow queries and fixing them.
- Building microservices and integrations with external systems.
- Crafting solutions that help our customers to navigate our website better and our employees to do their work more efficiently.
- Being a part of a rapidly expanding team in a startup business scene.
- You want to implement new things, starting from framing the problem, designing the solution and following through until delivery.
We’d love to work with you if:
- You can develop custom WP/WooCommerce extensions and/or themes.
- You love to build tools that ingest APIs using JSON and GraphQL.
- You understand what it takes to run an ecommerce business and can write code designed for high-availability, fault tolerance, and scalability in the ecommerce setting.
- You are able to find and fix performance issues on a live site.
- You know how to test your code in a local environment.
- You like to review code written by others to ensure quality and suggest potential improvements.
- You are willing to grow in your role as our IT/developer team expands.
Bonus Points for:
- Serving as a product owner or lead developer for custom software
- Deep knowledge of the internals of WP, WooCommerce and WP-CLI.
- Active collaboration in WP/Woocommerce community.
- Experience using GitFlow or other branching and release strategies.
- Experience building multi-language ecommerce sites.
- Familiarity with at least some of the following: Django, React, Laravel, Node.js
- Building data manipulation and import scripts.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Elasticsearch and ElasticPress
- IoT hobby projects with e.g. Arduino, RaspberryPi, ESP32.
You’d be working from our office located in Tampere Sarankulma where we run our Finland operation currently but at times it’s also possible to work remotely. We have also opened a branch in Estonia. As we are starting to expand our business internationally we would like you to be at least fluent in English. Although your work is about coding and developing a cutting edge ecommerce service it would make sense if you were also interested in fashion and clothes as this helps you in understanding the business setting and needs of our customers. We don’t count experience simply in years working in the profession but rather it’s the proof of results that matters more. If you are up for taking part in developing Rekki to the next level apply now.
- If possible include links to relevant reference projects you have done, link to your Git/Bitbucket profile and your salary request.
- We will begin interviews already during the application period.